Like millions of girls, I have loose skin in the armpit area and I am not ashamed to admit it. See, there is nothing wrong to have armpit fat and it does not make you less appealing. But here is the deal. You have the right to shape your body as you want. If you want to remove the armpit fat, then this is totally your choice.
I was, however, a bit insecure about the loose skin and searched everywhere for how to get rid of armpit fat. To be honest, I got some good and effective solutions, which actually worked. In this article, I will share the reason for having armpit fat and how to remove it.
What Causes Armpit Fat?
The armpit fat or underarm bulge is more common in females than in males. There are many probable reasons why the fat develops in that area:
- The underarm bulge can be a genetic trait.
- If you do not move your upper body that much or do not work out at all, armpit fat can be developed.
- Large breast size is another reason for having an underarm bulge. It is because the fat content in your chest is higher.
- Wearing an oversized bra is the main reason for armpit fat.
- Bad posture is also responsible for an underarm bulge.
How to Get Rid of Armpit Fat
If you are insecure about your underarm bulge, then worry no more. I will give you the most effective solutions that will eliminate your armpit fat in no time. Without wasting any more time, let’s dive into the solutions:
1. Do arm toning exercises
If you ask me what is the most effective way to get rid of underarm bulge, I will definitely recommend arm toning exercises. According to the trainers, any exercise that works on the triceps will tighten the underarm area.
To help you a bit more, here I am adding a list of arm exercises that you can try:
- Push up: This exercise focuses on several muscles at a time. Such as the shoulder, upper arm, and chest. Practicing this workout every day will reduce your armpit fat. You can modify this exercise by lifting one knee or one arm. Stand Up push up against the wall is also effective for armpit toning.
- Chest press: This workout targets your triceps, deltoids, and other muscles around this area. Chest presses will not only burn your calories but also help you build up strength.
- Seated row: Resistance workouts are excellent to reduce underarm bulge. A cable pulls down machine is a must in this exercise. This workout both strengthens and tones your upper body. You can combine the seated row with a rowing machine if you want to go for cardio.
- Downward facing dog: This exercise is inspired by the traditional yoga pose. It tones your whole body muscles including hands, shoulders, and arms.
- Bench dips: This workout can be done on any raised surface. It will surely strengthen your triceps, chest, and shoulder muscles. Experts suggest the bench dips for reducing armpit fats.
2. Work on your diet
How to get rid of armpit fat with a diet? I have faced this question multiple times. Maintaining a low fat and low carb meal plan can be an ultimate solution to eliminate the underarm bulge. Losing overall weight is the safest and easiest way to handle situations like this.
So, what should you eat and what should you avoid? Obviously, add more vegetables, plant-based proteins, fruits, whole grains, fishes, lean meats, etc. On the other hand, avoid junk foods, restaurant foods, added sugar, deep-fried foods, processed foods, etc.
You can also follow a particular diet plan that will help you keep everything on track. Some of the most effective meal plans for fat reduction are:
- Mediterranean diet
- The losers diet
- The vegetarian diet ‘
- Flexitarian diet
- The engine 2 diet
3. Radiofrequency assisted lipolysis
Many of you have asked me how to get rid of armpit fat overnight. Well, there is no such thing that will help you eliminate your underarm bulge. But yes, surgery can be an option to reduce the fat in no time.
Radiofrequency assisted lipolysis has been proven one of the best skin tightening procedures. In this program, the particular fat of your body is heated using radiofrequency and there will be no physical contact between you and the instrument. But you can not expect a quick result even if you undergo surgery. It will take at least 1 to 3 months.
4. Wear the right clothes
I have mentioned above that the wrong bra size or wearing the wrong clothes can highlight your underarm bulge. So, switching to the perfect sized bra will solve the problem. I guess this can be the perfect excuse for shopping.
Have you heard about cool sculpting? This is an effective nonsurgical method for fat reduction. This procedure can successfully remove fatty cells from beneath your skin and tighten the skin. So, you can get rid of the armpit fat with this procedure.
But before planning for the cool sculpting, consult with your dermatologist. This is a painless precede and may take 3 to 4 weeks to show effective results.
6. Laser skin tightening process
I am sure you are familiar with the term “laser skin tightening process”. This is an effective and popular method of reducing fat and tightening the skin. Not only that, your skin texture will get better and there will be no fine lines. Even though this is an expensive way, you can eliminate your arm fat with this program.
7. Practice better posture
You may not agree but bad posture can cause your underarm bulge. A good posture not only helps you to look taller but also tones your every bone muscle.
Is armpit fat a sign of cancer?
Armpit fat is not exactly what indicates cancer. If the fat around your armpit feels more like a hard lump, then there is something you should worry about. According to experts, swelling or lumps around the underarm bulge can be the symptom of breast cancer.
Now you know how to get rid of armpit fat. It is always better to be conscious of your extra fatty areas. Maintain a healthy diet, wear the right sized bras, and work on your body posture.