Do you find it challenging to match your setting powder with your skin tone? Does tinted powder make your skin look orange or pink? While using the translucent powder give you a white cast look? If yes, then it is high time you should use an alternative.
The powder is not the only way of setting makeup. You can use a setting spray or liquid foundation for this purpose. Do not worry if my words are confusing you. In this article, you will get how to set makeup without powder with all the tips and tricks. So, do not forget to read to the end.
How To Set Makeup Without Powder
Setting your makeup is really important. If you do not do it perfectly, it will wear off pretty soon. I have already discussed the problems with setting powder. It does not suit all skin tones. For those, setting spray and liquid foundation are two great choices.
How To Set Makeup Using A Setting Spray
The setting spray is a quite popular alternative to the powder. This product is specially designed to lock all your makeup.
How to set a foundation without powder? If you have this question, this section will answer your quest too. Here is a step by step process on how to set makeup using a spray:
- First, wear all the makeup you want. Put a base with the foundation, conceal the flaws, highlight your cheekbone and T zone. Apply the blush on to polish your look. Oh, do not forget to wear lipstick.
- Once you are done with your makeup, it is time to lock the look. Hold the bottle of the setting spray about one foot away from your face. Spritz the setting spray 2 to 3 times closing your eyes. Spray it all over your face.
- While purchasing spray, consider your skin type. Each skin type, such as oily skin, combination skin, and dry skin, has different types of setting spray.
- You can not just go out right after applying the spray. Let the spray dry for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not touch your face during this time. Sometimes setting spray can clog your pores which is bad for your skin.
Can you use water as setting spray? I get this question a lot. The answer is yes. Before the invention of setting spray, people used to lock the makeup with the old gold water. Even if you break down the ingredients of a commercial setting spray, you will get water along with alcohol. But of course, the effect of using water is temporary and there is always a fear of smudging the makeup.
Can you set the concealer with setting spray? You do not need to set your concealer always. It depends on your skin type and the climate of your region. People with oily skin feel the necessity of setting their concealer. The powder is of course an obvious choice. But if you are averse to using powder, a setting spray will do the magic.
How To Set Makeup Using A Translucent Powder
How to set makeup without powder? You get the most effective method. If you have a problem with the average powder, you can go for the colorless powders. These setting powders do not add colors to your foundation and concealers.
Here is how to set your makeup using baking liquid foundation and concealer:
- Start your makeup with primer. This product can suck out all the oil from your face and keep the makeup stick to the skin. A pea amount of primer will do all the magic. Rub it all over your face before wearing the makeup and it will save your look. The product is available for each skin type, such as dry skin, oily skin, and combined skin. Select the primer according to yours.
- If you are unwilling to use powder, put your base with a liquid foundation. The beauticians recommend liquid foundation especially for baking because it is not dry. After applying foundation, conceal your flaws with a concealer. Put it on your T-zone, under your eyes, and hide the breakouts. Choose the foundation according to your skin tone.
- If you have a problem with tinted powder, the translucent powder can be your buddy. Dip your beauty blender into the loose, colorless powder. Pat the blender on the spots that you want to bake, especially on your T-zone and underneath your eyes. Baking decreases the chance of creasing the makeup. Dabbing the powder a few times will be okay. Rubbing it or blending it with your skin will ruin your whole look. However, you can also use a beauty sponge instead of a blender.
- It only takes 5 to 10 minutes for the translucent powder to absorb the oil from your face. After that, wipe off the excess powder using a fluffy makeup brush.
- Your makeup is now all set. Finish your look by applying eye shadows, lashes, lipsticks, highlighters, and so on.
Tips To Get Flawless Makeup Without Powder Or Foundation
I know the foundation is the basis of any makeup. But let’s just say what if you do not have the right foundation with you. What’s then? Do not worry because I have got your back. Here are the tips on how to gain a flawless look even without applying foundation:
- Clean your face with lukewarm water. I have previously mentioned in my blogs that there is no better cleaner than plain water. It will remove all the dust and leftover makeup from your skin.
- Rub a generous amount of moisturizer on your face. Make sure the moisturizer suits your skin type.
- Do not apply the makeup right after moisturizing your skin. Wait for at least 10 minutes.
- Now apply concealer to your face. Dab those areas with tissue so that the excess oil comes off. Then reapply the concealer.
- After that, highlight certain areas with a liquid highlighter. Wear a cream blush and a bronzer to your eyes.
So what if a setting powder does not match your skin tone. You can still get a flawless look with these methods on how to set makeup without powder. Nothing can stand between you and a gorgeous look if you know the tricks.
Read More: How To Use Oval Makeup Brushes: Tips To Wear All Types Of Makeups