Working out every day is undoubtedly beneficial to health. But when you do exercises without a plan or anything, everything can turn into a mess. Most people do not understand the benefit of following a routined workout. Mostly the beginners have no idea how to make an exercise routine for themselves.
So, here I am to help you with the most common questions that arise after hearing about the routine workout. For example, which exercises will be best for the workout routines for beginners? Or what factors should you consider while making the workout list as a newbie?
If you have these questions in your mind, then do give this article a quick read.
Why should you follow a fitness plan?
I am sure most of the beginners are not convinced to follow any workout plan. Let me tell you about the advantages of maintaining an exercise routine. Who knows you may end up making one for yourself.
- Everyone has a goal in mind when they start exercising. For example, some want a 6 pack abs, or some want to lose the extra body weight. With a plan, you will know how much time and hard work you need to invest in the workouts. So, it helps you prevent any under or overtraining.
- If you do not have a routine, you may end up wasting your time. A proper fitness plan helps you set up the number of reps and sets you need to perform per day.
- It is tough to continue working out every day. Sometimes a motivation or progress can push you to achieve your goals. When you follow a workout routine, you know how close you are to your desired body. That excitement always helps you give your best in the training mat.
How to Make Workout Routines for Beginners
There are certain factors that you need to consider while making the fitness plan. Here are some of the points you need to clarify.
- Set your goals: First of all, you need to determine what you are expecting from your exercises. Because the workout plan for weight loss will be different from the muscle-building one.
- Determine your timeframe: It is important to set the goal-achieving time in the beginning. Your number of sets or reps of your daily workout will depend on how much time you are ready to invest.
- Select your workout place: You can join a gym or simple exercise at your home. The gym workout routine will be more intense and different from the one you may follow at home.
- Choose the perfect exercise: Depending on your goals, select any workouts from the category. Do not worry, I will help you choose yours later in this article.
- The number of sets and reps: The standard amount of sets is 2 to 5 of each exercise and 10 to 15 reps of each set. Depending on your fitness goal and physical strength, the numbers can increase or decrease.
With these 5 basic factors, you will be able to draw a fitness routine for yourself. If you are wondering how to make a workout routine for women or men, particularly, the list will work for both genders, equally.
Workout routine routines for beginners
You already know the workout plans can vary depending on different things. In this section, I will include some of the most popular workout routines people search for.
1. The 7-day workout routine
Most people prefer the 3 or 5-day workout plan. But I can assure you that the 7-day fitness routine can be as effective as the other ones, why? Because you can distribute the exercises more evenly.
Here is a fitness chart for your 7 days workout.
- Barbell bench press: 5 sets, 3 to 5 reps
- Dumbbell press: 4 sets. 4 to 6 reps
- Pushups: 4 sets, 20 reps
- Butterflies: 2 sets, 10 to 15 reps
- Cable crossover: 3 sets, 15 reps
- Pec dec fly: 3 sets, 10 to 12 reps
- Calf raises: 3 sets, 20 reps
- Barbell lunge: 2 sets. 10 to 15 reps
- Barbell squat: 4 sets, 8 to 10 reps
- Hack squat: 4 sets, 10 reps
- Seated leg curls: 2 sets, 10 to 15 reps
- Lying leg curls: 2 sets, 10 to 15 reps
- Deadlift: 2 sets, 10 to 12 reps
- Dumbbell shrug: 3 sets, 10 to 12 reps
- Military press: 4 sets, 10 to 15 reps
- Lateral raise: 2 sets, 10 to 15 reps
- Shoulder press: 4 sets, 12 reps
- Deltoid flyes: 3 sets, 6 reps
- Barbell bench press: 2 sets, 10 to 15 reps
- Dumbbell kickback: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Triceps dips: 2 sets, 12 reps
- Cable rope overhead triceps extension
- Running or swimming
- Squat jumps
- Weight pullups: 2 sets, 10 reps
- Barbell deadlift: 4 sets, 12 reps
- Lying T barrow: 2 sets, 10 reps
- Lat pulldown: 3 sets. 15 reps
- Concentration curl: 2 stes, 15 reps
- Barbell curls: 4 sets, 10 to 15 reps
- Dumbbell curls: 2 sets. 10 reps
Here is the thing. If you are a beginner, then these exercises may exhaust you at first. But with time, you will get comfortable with the workouts. In case you can not bear the pain, move to another fitness routine. Also, you have the freedom to add or remove any exercises from the list.
2. The 5-day workout routine
All the 5 day plans are considered as the best workout routines for beginners. This routine allows you to do heavy workouts and provides the right amount of resting days.
Here are the day-wise workouts:
- Barbell full squat: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Glute ham curl: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Standing calf raises: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Weighted lungs: 2 to 3 sets, 10 reps
- Barbell glute bridge: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Leg curls: 2 sets, 12 reps
- Good mornings: 3 sets, 12 reps
- Barbell bench press: 2 sets, 12 reps
- Supine knee to chest: 3 sets. 8 reps
- Dumbbell fly: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Cable chest fly: 2 to 3 sets, 10 to 12 reps
- Seated bench press: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Dumbbell side bend: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Take a rest.
- Barbell deadlift: 3 sets, 5 reps
- Pullups: 3 sets. 10 reps
- Seated cable row: 2 to 3 sets, 10 to 12 reps
- Hyperextension: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Ab crunch: 2 sets, 12 reps
- Lat pulldown: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Bent over row: 2 to 3 sets, 10 reps
- Military press: 3 sets, 10 to 12 reps
- Dumbbell shrug: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Barbell seated press: 2 to 3 sets, 10 reps
- Dumbbell front raises: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Dumbbell lateral raises: 3sets, 10 reps
- Upright rows: 2 to 3 sets, 10 to 12 reps
- Machine shoulder press: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Weighted triceps dips: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Skull crushers: 3 sets, 12 reps
- Dumbbell hammer curl: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Machine preacher curl: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Triceps extensions: 3 sets, 10 to 12 reps
- Dumbbell biceps curl: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Triceps pushdown: 3 sets, 10 to 12 reps
- Take a rest.
3. Gym workout routines for beginners
You can follow either the 5 days or 7-day fitness plan in the gym also. In most gyms, professionals prefer to make workout routines for beginners. So, try to follow the instructions of your gym instructor and add or remove any exercises from the list.
4. Beginners strength training routine for weight loss
The strength training for weight loss can be divided into 3 steps. Once you master the 1st step, you can move the next one.
The step one workouts are:
- Bench press: 4 sets, 10 reps
- Deadlift: 4 sets, 10 reps
- Rope slam: 4 sets, 20 reps
The step two workouts are:
- Knee-high: 4 sets, 10 reps
- Static lunge: 4 sets, 12 reps
- Single-arm row: 4 sets, 10 reps
The step three workouts are:
- Burpee: 3 sets, 15 reps
- Sled push-pull: 3
- Medicine ball slam: 3 sets, 12 reps
Besides these typical exercises, you need to increase your weight lifting power. You can work out 3 days a week and each day, try focusing on different parts of your body. With time, start lifting more heavyweights.
The strength workout will not work for weight loss if you do not eat healthily. You need to reduce the carb portion of your diet and increase the amount of lean meat. Measure your weight every day, and see if there is any progress or not. If you observe no satisfactory outcome, move to other routine workouts.
5. The 30-minute gym circuit routine
Generally, circuit refers to such training where you do intense workouts without taking any rest. With this routine, your metabolism will boost up, and you will get a strong body.
Here is a list of workouts with the time that you can follow. Warm-up for 5 minutes and perform each exercise for 30 seconds to 60 seconds. Try not to take any rest or take a break for 2 minutes.
- Squat to chest press
- Chest fly
- Walking pushups
- Circle rows
- Bent over row
- Reverse flies
- Lateral raise
- Step up to overhead press
- Dips with leg extension
- Concentration curls
- Core kickback
Newbies find it challenging to make their own fitness plan. I hope these workout routines for beginners can inspire them to invest more in the gym.