I think skin is the most sensitive part of the human body. We spend thousands of dollars just to keep our skin fresh and away from any itchiness, red patches, and so on. If you have sensitive skin, then keeping everything in positing is way hard for you.
I have very sensitive skin and I tried different brand products. But eventually, I got the best result by using natural elements. So, I decided to share natural skincare for sensitive skin.
In this article, you will get to know the natural remedies for your sensitive skin and the basics you need to know about sensitive skin care.
Natural Skincare For Sensitive Skin
Going natural is a better option if you have sensitive skin. Because after all, mother nature never disappoints anyone. You will find different elements, plants, or roots that will keep your skin fresh and glowing. Here are the 5 most common and effective ingredients for you:
1. Calendula extract
Some people think the calendula extract is effective only for the babies. But this unique ingredient will soothe the adult the same way it does to the babies. The calendula blend offers both antiseptic and antioxidant properties.
This not only helps the skin heal from any wound, but it also prevents acne. The calendula extract also has anti-inflammatory properties. This keeps the skin safe from any irritation. If you have dry skin or eczema, the calendula blend will help you a lot.
2. Shea butter
The shea butter is extracted from nuts and Katrine trees. If you are planning for a skincare routine for sensitive skin, then you must add this ingredient to the list. The shea butter not only works for sensitive skin but also all types of skin.
There are many benefits of applying shea butter to your skin. For example,
- Moisturize your dry skin
- Work as an anti-inflammatory ingredient and reduce skin irritation
- Prevent acne
- Reduce wrinkles of the face
- Soothe rough skin
- Heal itchy and flaky skins
3. Aloe Vera
When we are talking about skincare for sensitive skin, there is no way we can forget the star element, ‘Aloe Vera’. From ancient times, people have been using Aloe Vera for healing wounds and other skin or hair treatments. And to be honest, this element has never disappointed anyone.
Here are some skin benefits of using Aloe Vera for sensitive skin:
- The aloe vera moisturizes the dry skin and keeps it hydrated.
- It reduces the redness, itchiness from the skin, and gives a natural glow.
- The element works as an inflammatory and antiseptic in some cases.
- If you have a sunburn on your sensitive skin, applying aloe vera will be the best decision.
- The aloe vera fights aging and reduces wrinkles from the face.
4. Marshmallow root
Marshmallow root works more effectively for skin than its flower. People use the Marshmallow extract because of its healing and anti-inflammatory properties. These roots are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and other properties.
If you have sensitive skin, applying Marshmallow extract will be a better option for you. This will moisturize your skin and heal it from any wounds or itchiness. It also holds the natural glow 24/7.
Squalene is derived from olives. This oil has several benefits for your skin. For example,
- It keeps your skin hydrated without any after greasy effect.
- Squalene has an anti-bacterial effect.
- It will make your skin appear more vibrant.
- This oil moisturizes dry skin.
- It also reduces irritation and itchiness.
The best skincare for dry sensitive skin
Nurturing sensitive skin is hard and when it comes along a dry skin, then the whole condition becomes challenging. If you have dry sensitive skin, you can apply the natural ingredients I have just mentioned.
Here are some tips that will make those natural elements more effective for the dry sensitive skin:
- Use the cleansers or soaps enriched with natural elements like olive oil, coconut oil, or shea butter.
- You can use face masks to keep your face hydrated. Instead of using chemical or commercial masks, I recommend you make one for yourself with natural elements. Avocado, aloe vera, and cucumbers are good for dry sensitive skin.
- Exfoliating your skin is important no matter if you have dry or oily skin. Prepare an olive oil sugar scrub and exfoliate your skin with it. For the face, you can have an oatmeal honey mask.
- Oatmeal baths are also beneficial for your dry sensitive skin. If you are having irritation, redness, or any other skin problems, the oatmeal bath may help you.
- Milk, aloe, and olive oil also have anti-inflammatory properties. Applying mil will soften your skin and add a natural glow.
- Before going to bed, massage your skin a little with coconut or olive oil.
The best skincare routine for 40s for a sensitive skin
When you are in the 40s, maintaining a wrinkled face becomes tough. You need to be more careful, responsible, and have to invest more energy in skincare. Here is an ideal skin routine for you:
- Wash your face with a natural cleanser twice or thrice a day.
- Right after cleaning your skin, use a moisturizer to hydrate the cells.
- Dead cells sometimes keep the skin blocked. That is why you need to exfoliate your skin. Use any of the natural scrubs I have mentioned above or buy a gentle one.
- Applying anti-oxidant elements on your face is important. You can use olive oil, Marshmallow extracts, or a commercial product.
- Add a brightening serum to the list too. This will make your face appear more vibrant and glowing.
- Before going to bed, you need to apply olive oil or coconut oil to your skin.
- For bedtime, you can use a night mask of aloe vera or a commercial one.
Everybody wants to take the best care of her skin. If you have sensitive skin, then finding the perfect product can be tough. But natural elements are the best for skincare for sensitive skin.
Read Also: Organic Acne Skin Care: Get Rid Of Your Pimples With The Most Effective Ways